Wednesday, July 7, 2010

We had an excellent 4th of July in Camden with Keith's family. We stayed in Little Rock Friday night and then went on to Camden on Saturday. It helped so much to break up the trip. Here are the highlights:

* Tons of BBQ and endless rows of desserts!
* We had a birthday party for Courtney, who will be turning 3 in just a few weeks. She was so blessed by our family. She's been playing with all of her new toys since she got home.
* We were also given a surprise baby shower for Matthew! We were so blessed and had no idea! We got tons of cute litle outfits and also some great practical gifts (which we love, because Keith and I are such practical-minded people).
* Courtney was able to see Keith's grandparents in the nursing home. They couldn't make it out to the house to celebrate this year. She had so much fun sharing cherries with Granny and playing with Papaw.
* The weather was nice for the most part. We had a light shower- the kids enjoyed playing in it. Gunner made Courtney an umbrella out of plants.
*On Monday Keith got stung (or bitten- not sure which) by some kind of insect. His arm swelled up like Popeye (okay, I'm exaggerating a little here), but it seems to be getting a little better. He's using benadryl, ice and hydrocortizone creme. The itching kept him awake some last night, but the swelling seems to be going down today. Courtney says he got stung by a ladybug!
* On the way home we saw the most amazing sight: A rainbow in the mountains! Not in the sky... in the mountains. We were eye-level with the top of the rainbow, and it stretched all the way down to the bottom of the valley. I wish I could have taken a picture, but it wasn't safe to stop. It was so awesome that traffic slowed down to about 35-40 mph as everyone took a look.
* We got home to find that we were locked out of our house. Keith found a way in (he's a genius!) without breaking anything or spending money on a locksmith.

I had a doctor's appointment this morning. Courtney keeps asking when we will get to take the baby out. Honestly, I don't know when... I think he will be early. Dr. Sarver told me this morning that at this point, if I were to go into labor, she wouldn't do anything to stop it. I've been even more uncomfortable since Thursday, when he "dropped". Basically, he's moving into position. Of course, that doesn't mean anything will happen soon. I'm taking it easy, doing errands and housework in the mornings (when I have the most strength & energy), then resting in the afternoons. I will go back to the doctor every Wednesday from now until Matthew is born. I should also get the results of my Group B Strep test back at next week's appt. If I'm positive, it will just mean that I'll have to have antibiotics when I go into labor to protect Matthew from getting sick.

We should have company this weekend (Keith's brother and his wife), then 2 weeks later Amanda will be moving in with us until their apartment in Fayetteville opens up Aug 15. We're looking forward to having visitors. So that was our 4th- fun filled, exciting, and such a blessing. Thank you to everyone who helped make Courtney's birthday party so special for her, and thank you again for all of the sweet, sweet gifts for Matthew! I can't describe in words how I feel when other peole love on my kids. I am so thankful for you all.

No comments: